You know cats make amazing pets for plenty of reasons, but sometimes it can be hard to put into words exactly why they're so great. If you need a little help (or a caption for your next Instagram photo), scroll through these perfect quotes and sayings about cats that prove why they're such great creatures.
1. Unknown: "People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life"
2. Theophile Gautier: "A cat will be your friend, but never your slave"
3. Unknown :"No home is complete without the pitter patter of kitty feet"
4. William S. Burroughs: "Like all pure creatures, cats are practical"
5. Eugen Weber: "If cats could write history, their history would be mostly about cats"
6. Robert Sowthey: "A kitten is, in the animal world, what a rosebud is in the garden"
7. Cynthia E. Varnado: "It is impossible to keep a straight face in the presence of one or more kittens"
8. Mark Twain: "A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way"
9. Nan Porter: "If cats could talk, they wouldn’t"
10. Seanan McGuire: "When Rome burned, the emperor's cats still expected to be fed on time"
11. Terry Pratchett: "In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this"
12. Paula Poundstone: "The problem with cats is that they get the same exact look whether they see a moth or an axe-murderer"
13. John Steinbeck: "Are cats strange animals or do they so resemble us that we find them curious as we do monkeys"
14. Ellen Perry Berkeley: "As every cat owner knows, nobody owns a cat"
15. Albert Schweitzer :"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats"
16. Charles M. Blow: "A lie is like a cat: you need to stop it before it gets out the door or it’s really hard to catch"
17. James Herriot: "Cats are connoisseurs of comfort"
18. Rod McKuen: "Cats have it all: admiration, an endless sleep, and company only when they want it"
19. Unknown: "In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats"
20. W.L. George: "Cats know how to obtain food without labor, shelter without confinement, and love without penalties"
21. Charles Dickens :"What greater gift than the love of a cat"
22. Ernest Hemingway: "A cat has absolute emotional honesty: human beings, for one reason or another, may hide their feelings, but a cat does not"
23. Lloyd Alexander: "The only thing a cat worries about is what's happening right now"
24. Tay Hohoff: "There are few things in life more heartwarming than to be welcomed by a cat"
25. Sir Walter Scott: "Cats are a mysterious kind of folk"
Thanks goodhousekeeping for sharing