In 1987, when a feral cat gave birth to a litter of 5 kittens in Montana, the breeder noticed that one of them had a strangely thick and curly fur. Later, they learned that she was a result of a spontaneous genetic mutation which made curly hair a dominant trait. Thus, the Selkirk Rex breed was discovered.
Unlike Devon Rex and Cornish Rex, the Selkirk Rex has a much thicker coat of three layers of fur. Scroll down for photos of this adorable feline specie.
1. Fuzzy baby
2. Oh my baby
3. Brown baby
4. Fluffy grey baby kitten
5. Not much fuzzy, but still cute anyway
6. That is what I called, fluffy
7. Tiny kitten with fuzzy hair
8. Beautiful as snow and fluffy
9. I want to be with you all the time hooman
10. Those eyes and fluffy hair
11. Will ya pet me, mom?
12. Those paws, eyes and ears, adorable enough
13. Those gentle eyes of my fuzzy kitten gave to me
14. New kitten come home today, cute
15. But mom, too soon, just 5 more minutes please!
16. Take a look at my new fur baby
17. My kitten gang, so cute, which one is your fav?
18. Grey fuzzy fur baby
19. Another catto gang, my favorite is the black one, and you?
20. I demand treats, mom
21. So smol
23. What are you looking right there lil baby?
24. Playing with mama, first picture
25. Angry baby, only treats cam calm me down
26. Kiss my paw hooman
27. Fuzzy baby with yellow eyes
28. Gentle sit
29. Twin with their new plushy tiger toy! They are getting know each other
30. Come on mom, you will gonna late