Nature is truly full of surprises and even makes us be a little jealous of all the bizarre and crazy creatures that it has designed. These animals make an appearance, instantly restoring your faith in the impossible. They are so remarkable that you just can’t take your eyes off. Some of them are extremely cute, and others are so scary that if you see them, you will scream in fear. But no matter how they are, nobody can deny the joy and benefits that animals bring to our daily life.
In this post we’d like to share with you some of weird animals that you’ve probably never heard of, let alone ever met. Take a look at these pics and you will know how great the creativity of evolution is.
1. A unicorn katydid from the Orthoptera family
2. This Spectacled Eider lives in Alaska and Siberia
3. The Ankole-Watusi African cow has horns that are used for thermoregulation and not for attacking
4. The red ruffed lemur that only lives in Madagascar
5. The tomato frog produces a special venomous chemical that can glue a predator’s jaws shut
6. This is a bearded barbet from the African barbet family
7. This shoe-billed stork looks like a person in a bird suit
8. Sea pens are colonial marine cnidarians belonging to the order Pennatulacea
9. Indry, the largest lemur currently in existence
10. Gharials only eat fish, which is why they have such narrow jaws
11. The Greater prairie chicken from the grouse family
12. Von der Decken’s sifaka is named after the first European person that climbed Kilimanjaro
13. Jorunna parva is a sea slug that is nicknamed the sea rabbit
14. Sarada lizard from the Agamidae family
15. Bearded reedlings choose one partner for their whole lives
16. Stick insect from the Phasmids family
17. The Andean cock-of-the-rock is one of the unofficial symbols of Peru
18. Portrait of a Golden Pheasant
19. De Brazza’s monkey was named after the Italian-French explorer Pierre Savorgnan de Brazza
20. The radiated tortoise is protected by a special law
21. This is a bongo bovidae
22. The long-wattled umbrellabird from the Cotinga family
23. The white-faced saki is a species of the New World saki monkey
24. The Honduran white bat doesn’t have a tail
25. The Greek letter originated from the Ancient Egyptian hieroglyphs that represented the Saharan horned viper.
26. Tridacna can live up to 200 years
27. In order to make unwanted guests leave, cotton-top tamarins lift their tails and show their butts and their genitals to them
28. Leaf-tail geckos usually eat insects, but sometimes they can eat other lizards
29. Southern viscacha, a rodent in the family Chinchillidae
30. The black-and-white snub-nosed monkeys live in the Himalayas. They can climb up to 4,700 m above sea level
31. Hey, I am cute with those little teeth?